Bathroom Design Brookvale
If you are interested in bathroom renovations Brookdale area or ensuite renovations Brookdale, you have come to the right place. We have many years of experience when it comes to providing homeowners in Australia with the bathroom of their dreams. All you need to do is give us a call to discuss your vision and the budget that you have available. We will be able to tell you what is possible while also making some suggestions of our own to ensure you maximize the space that you have available and create the bathroom of your dreams. If you would like to discuss this in further detail, all you need to do is give us a call. But first, continue reading to find out everything you need to know about bathroom renovations Brookdale and why you should consider this sort of service.
Why should you consider upgrading your bathroom in Brookvale?
There are many benefits that are associated with a bathroom renovation, and so we are going to take a look at these in further detail to help you understand why this is a decision that makes sense for your home.
- Increase the value of your property – The main reason why people consider renovating their bathroom is so that they can add value to their home. Not only are you going to be able to enjoy a brand new space but you can have the peace of mind that you will get a healthy return on your investment when the time comes to sell your home. When people look for properties today, one of the first rooms they are concerned with is the bathroom. Therefore, if you have your bathroom renovated, it really can make a massive difference when the time comes to sell your property. The extent to which your property will increase in value depends on the current condition of your bathroom, the upgrades that are made, and the price point that your property will be sold. We have a lot of experience when it comes to value-adding upgrades, and so you can be sure that we know exactly what is going to add the most value to your property so that you can get the greatest returns when you do actually sell your home.
- Improve functionality – Aside from boosting the value of your property, another reason to renovate your bathroom is so that you can improve the functionality of it. A lot of homeowners are failing to make the most of their bathroom space. We will make sure that you are not one of these homeowners. We maximize the space that is available with innovative products to ensure you have the perfect bathroom experience.
- More luxury – Another reason why you should consider a bathroom renovation in Brookvale is that you will be able to add more luxury to your property. Everyone wants to have a bit of luxury in their life. You can ensure a space is created that you are going to want to spend time in. there are many different ways that we can add lavish touches to your bathroom. This includes everything from installing a whirlpool bath to adding lavish marble tiles.
- Create more storage space – One thing that a lot of bathrooms do not have today is storage space. If you feel like your bathroom is always cluttered and that you can never keep it clean, this is because you are lacking in storage space. You may think that it is impossible to create more storage space in your bathroom but it is not. It is all about using the space in a clever manner to ensure that you have more places to put your belongings. You will be surprised by how much more storage space can be created through a renovation, and this will not have a negative impact on the overall design – it will only enhance it.
- Energy-efficient upgrades – Last but not least, another good reason that you should consider having your bathroom renovated is so that you can make energy-efficient upgrades. This is another way that you can bring more value to your property and save more money in the long run. We can ensure that you are making the most of all of the energy-efficient bathroom products that are on the market today, from shower heads to toilets. You can save money on your energy, heating, and water bills depending on the products you select. We will talk you through all of the different products that are available and the sort of savings you can expect to make when using them.
Common bathroom renovations mistakes people tend to make
When you work with us on your luxury or budget bathroom renovation, we will make sure that you end up with the bathroom of your dreams and that it is within your budget. However, a lot of people have had bad experiences with other companies when it comes to bathroom renovations. Of course, some people also try to take on the task themselves and then they soon regret it. It is so important to work with an experienced company like Bathroom Renovations so that you can be sure that nothing goes wrong. With that in mind, we are going to take a look at some of the most common errors that people make when it comes to bathroom renovation, which highlights why you need to use a service like ours.
- Spending too much – There is only one place to begin, and this is with going over budget. This is something that a lot of people do because it is so easy to do. To minimize your costs, there are a number of different things that can be done. For example, we can design your bathroom for standard fittings and fixtures in order to avoid the expense associated with custom making items. This is just one of many ways that we can ensure that your bathroom renovation is in the budget. Plus, we will always agree on a price with you before the work begins so that there are no nasty surprises in the end.
- Trying to squeeze too much in – This is another mistake that we see a lot of people make when it comes to bathroom renovations Brookvale area. They try to shove as much as possible into the bathroom, resulting in a space that is overcrowded. You need to maximize the space that is available to you as much as possible, creating a room that is comfortable and does not look cluttered. There are lots of great space-saving solutions for bathrooms on the market today, and we make the most of these in small bathrooms to ensure that the result is not a messy and overcrowded one.
- Poor ventilation – No one wants to find little black specks of mould on their newly painted ceilings or walls. However, this can easily happen if there is poor ventilation in your bathroom. Poor ventilation is a problem we often see when homeowners have used inexperienced companies or attempted to handle their bathroom renovation themselves.
- DIY waterproofing – A leaking shower is one of the most common problems in bathrooms today, and it is also one of the most costly elements to fix. One of the best things to do is enlist a company with certified tradesmen who can make sure that you have a waterproofing warranty and certificate for your bathroom. You are going to be required to provide this certificate when the time comes to sell your property, and so it is really not worth cutting any corners here.
- Not enough storage – Earlier, we mentioned how renovating your bathroom is a great way to boost storage space. However, this is something that a lot of people do not consider when they are having their bathroom renovated. And, so, they end up with a bathroom that looks great but then they have nowhere to put their towels, beauty products, shavers, and so on. This results in a messy bathroom, as they have nowhere to house these items. With smart storage, everything is going to have a place in your bathroom. There are a number of suggestions we can make here. We definitely recommend heated towel rails, especially for bathrooms for families, as they will store your towels effectively while keeping them fluffy and dry. Other options include having some wall recessed in the shower and by the bath for your soap and shampoo. We also like using over bench mirrored shaving cabinets, as well as vanity drawers. Of course, the exact storage that is used will depend on the dimensions and shape of your bathroom. Nevertheless, storage is always a priority when it comes to our bathroom renovations, and so you can be sure that you will have a space for everything once we are finished.
- Using materials that are not appropriate – This is another mistake that we often see when it comes to DIY Brookvale bathroom renovations, as well as renovations that are carried out by companies that do not have a lot of experience. It is imperative that all of the surfaces in your bathroom are impervious to moisture, otherwise, they will discolor, rot, and swell as time goes on. This excludes fabric, particleboard, non-waterproof MDF, and softwood. You also need to seal hardwood and porous stone, for example, travertine marble.
- Using features and fittings that date – We have all seen it: the gaudy border tiles and chocolate sanitary ware. Your choice may be very trendy when it is installed. However, you need to ask yourself whether your design choices are going to stand the test of time. The last thing you want is something that looks great now but is going to appear dated and old fashioned within a year’s time. You should be looking for classic designs that are going to look beautiful for years and years to come. When you spend money on a bathroom renovation, it is important that the result is something that is long-lasting and that you are going to love as much in five years as you do now. Because of this, we always recommend keeping your finishes, fittings, and fixtures classical and elegant, as this will make sure that your bathroom has broad appeal.
- Poor task lighting – Aside from the mistakes that have already been discussed, a lot of people fail to get their bathroom lighting right. Good lighting is required for a lot of tasks that are carried out in the bathroom. You are going to struggle to apply makeup or shave if you do not have the right lighting. You need to ensure that task lighting is installed in the bathroom and that it is done so correctly.
- Poor drainage – Last but not least, another common mistake that people tend to make when it comes to bathroom renovations is poor drainage. You need to have a ‘fall’ in every wet floor area. This means that there must be a gentle slope so that the water does not merely sit there, it will drain away properly. This is another element that a lot of inexperienced people do not tend to consider carefully. With our level of experience, we never make mistakes like this. We make sure that all elements of the bathroom design are considered carefully so that the result is stunning and fully functional.
Contact us today for more information
If you would like to find out more about bathroom renovations in Brookvale, please do not hesitate to contact us today for more information. We have many years of experience in the industry and we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, as well as giving you a realistic picture regarding the bathroom renovation cost for the sort of overhaul you are interested in. We have a lot of experience when it comes to bathroom renovations on a budget, and so you can be certain that we will be able you to achieve your goals.